Want to Share Your Skills and Talents?
Our Jammers (our young people) really want to learn from you. Help our Jammers to discover their creativity and develop confidence in themselves.
We run performance workshop programmes for young people with disabilities in Auckland, Hamilton, Tauranga, Wellington and Christchurch. Each one requires a dedicated and skilled StarJam Tutor to run the workshops.We hold these workshops on a week night from 6.30pm to 8pm during school terms. As a Tutor, you’ll be responsible for planning and facilitating a workshop once a week, based on a performance genre you are experienced in (singing, dancing or instrumental). Tutors ensure the safety of all participants and generally have fun with the Jammers.
We also hold termly discos in each region that are open to the whole community. Our Tutors attend and assist at these events and prepare their workshop to perform at them once a year.
What we offer our Tutors:
- Excellent training programme, including first aid training and one hour orientation
- Ongoing regular support from your Regional Programme Coordinator
- Fun, rewarding role and fantastic reference which looks great on your CV
- The opportunity to give back to the community and be part of an amazing organisation
- The chance to build lasting friendships, and the promise of loads of fun!
“StarJam is a positive platform for personal growth… for volunteers, tutors and Jammers. StarJam is my extended family. There is no judgement just the freedom to be yourself. The opportunity to plant positive seeds into the lives of my Jammers is one of the reasons I return.” – Nesa Pau, Tutor of Sensational Singing Workshop, Wellington
Please enquire with your region and contact details via firstname.lastname@example.org